Monday, March 17, 2014

From Elder Smith

Okay this week wasn't really that special. Honestly, nothing happened!  It seems like we can't find an investigator with any interest!  I did, however, go on exchanges this week--two of them!!

My first exchange was with Elder Winhausen!!  He's German but not German!! What I mean is he has no German accent and he sounds American!  Honestly, every one we talk to asks him what part of America he is from!!!  Second, he loves to drive around listening to the star spangle banner!!!  IN SCOTLAND!!!! With our windows rolled all the way down!!!! Two for AMERICA!!!! 

My second exchange was with Elder Farnsworth!! He is from Utah!! Exchanges where Friday and Saturday morning!  With him I experienced my first Friday night party in the mission field!  We finished working for the day and bought some sweets, went back to our flat and had movie night!!!  We watched the Prophet of the Restoration!!!!  We stayed up pretty late.... 10:30... Party!!!!  That was pretty fun!!!!

Two miracles happened this week!!!

First, we missed the bus on Sunday for church, so we started walking!!!! My shins started to hurt--I was like "I can't give up.... I can't be late! I need to push through it!!!" Then five minutes later a ward member pulled over and gave us a lift!!! This is proof the Lord always provides a way!!!  Well, as long as you are putting in 100%.

The second miracle!!!  I was on exchanges with Elder Farnsworth, we were going out for a dinner appointment!!!! An excommunicated member called and wanted us to go over there and see him!!!! We couldn't because of our dinner appointment!!!!  Just then Elder Farnsworth was like "oh a new voicemail!!" Our DA was cancelled!!!!  So, we stopped by this ex-member’s house, he was sad and by the time we left he felt a little better!!!  We needed to be there!!!! 

I love hearing from you guys!  I miss you!!! and can you believe it!!!! I'VE BEEN OUT FOR A WHOLE MONTH!!!!! well on the twentieth of course!!!! crazy!!!!! Well I love you all and read your scriptures!!!!! 

Oh yeah, I'm going to do the weekly shout out!!!! 

So shout out to Carrie & Stefani!!!! I sure do miss someone yelling my name!!!!

Love,

Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment